Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I am completely stuffed of turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing (hehehe...yum.), and all the other Thanksgiving staple foods. Ugh, I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow when it all solidifies in my bowels.

Anyway, that's gross imagery. And I've decided not to post a Terrible Thursday book today because what kind of holiday would this be if I decided to celebrate it with a crappy book?

But I do have a note about the book The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I had previously posted that I was reading the newly pubbed book, and I had in fact checked it out from the library. I got about 50 pages in before the boredom kicked in. And when it kicked, it hit hard. The Night Circus will please many of you. It's a wonderfully written book. The prose will amaze you. The mystery and 3rd person formality will tantalize you. But the plot will bore you to tears. I got about to 100 pages before giving up. Sorry, but it just wasn't the kind of book I typically enjoy. I prefer plot to description. Preferably, the best books will have an even measure of both; however, if I was to choose one over the other, I would pick plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment