Thursday, November 10, 2011

Terrible Thursdays

Terrible books aren't unusual. For ever Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Hunger Games, there is a book that deserves to be burned and use as fuel for the coming Apocalypse. And while I understand that authors put their good hard time into their stories, I'm going to express my right to the First Amendment. I understand that writers work hard for their books. I consider myself a writer, and it's harsh getting criticism. But sometimes, it's best to take the medicine and swallow.

The terrible book I'm going to feature today is Evermore by Alyson Noël.
If any book encapsulates the "I'm going to try to get all the preteen Twihards to follow me on Twitter" literary phenomenon (and I use this word in the most negative connotation possible), it's Evermore.

First off, Ever (what a ridiculous name. no joke.) is so blah. She's an outcast because every teenage girl feels awkward and alone when she has that time of the month. She has a tragic past because Noël needed an excuse to be dark and twisty. And she likes this guy. And for the love of me, I can't remember his name. I read the book a couple years ago, and he was so generic, I forgot what he's called. So Generic Boyfriend is hot, immortal, and so so sweet to our charmingly beautiful-but-thinks-her-soul-is-black protagonist. Gag me with a spoon. 

Some poor sap got roped into playing the bad guy for this story and tries to tear apart their precious little relationship. But again, the power of love prevails and all is happy in Ever's world...until the next book which is even worse IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment