Monday, November 21, 2011

Sad Book Sundays (Monday): Feed

Okay, here is my excuse for missing yesterday's Sad Book Sunday: It was my birthday. Hahah, and I spent it at my best friend's house hosting a Vampire Diaries marathon and fooling around with my brand new iPhone 4s. Now, as much as I love posting on this blog of mine, I love my friends more.


So this mini review is a little late, but it's here nonetheless. For any of you that haven't read Feed by Mira Grant, it is a must-read. It's a full-immersion zombie book (and series) that takes you on a rollercoaster ride that will frustrate you, excite you, and, most of all, sadden you all in 500 pages. Here is my review.


The sad parts to this story are sudden and unexpected. But when they arrive, you get the full force of the poignancy. Initially, Grant blinds you into thinking this is just another zombie story. But as you get more involved with the characters, the blind side is revealed to be a cover for the saddest, most realistic zombie stories I've ever read.


I can't actually get into saying what the sad parts are in this story, but please read this book! If you get through the entirety (and I know, it is a little too long), you won't be disappointed. The end is a cliffhanger-esque tragedy all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment