Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Book Trailer Tuesday: The Iron King

Alright, so I confess to sort of liking The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. They're like my guilty pleasures. While I absolutely hated Meghan (and still sort of do, only to a lesser extent) in the first two books, she really shone in The Iron Queen. So right now, I'm reading The Iron Knight which tells the story from Ash's POV. So far, so good. But I'll get to that later.


In honor of the recent release of The Iron Knight, I searched Youtube for a great fanmade trailer for the series. I came across this video, which apparently has also been reposted to Julie Kagawa's blog. I think everyone can agree that this really great in fanmade trailer standards.


What's great about this trailer is that it actually looks like something you'd see on T.V. The actors and actresses remain the same throughout the entire trailer, and from the clips I saw, they all fit the actual storyline of The Iron King (e.g. A smiling Grim? Genius!). Also, I just liked how the entire thing flowed together. The Iron King comes chalk full of Faery lore, so I was glad that this trailer got a lot of that in there. Also, there was a great usage of one song throughout the entire trailer that fit everything. All in all, bravo. I just really enjoyed this. I guess if I had one complaint, I'd wished there was more voice acting. But that's a minor qualm.



No comments:

Post a Comment