Sunday, October 16, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, everyone. I'm just starting out as a book blogger. So I want you guys (whoever you are) to know a little bit more about me. I'll update this blog whenever I can. I also post to my Goodreads account: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5410237-shelby

My name is Shelby, and I'm an avid reader. My favorite genre is high fantasy and paranormal/urban fantasy. There's something about the process of coming to terms with whatever world the author created that fascinates me. In my deepest opinions, I truly believe that there is nothing better than finding yourself chin-deep in a book. I also dabble in dystopian and chick-lit books, although they don't usually catch my attention as often.

I use Goodreads as much, or maybe even more so, as my email and Facebook. In fact, whenever I start up my browser, the first three tabs I automatically set up are: Gmail, Goodreads, and Facebook--in that order.

Apart from blogging, I'm an aspiring writer, major history buff, and obsessive TV/movie enthusiast. For some reason, I have this need to remember actors and directors. Favorite actor/actress? Tom Hanks, hands down. Favorite director? Probably Christopher Nolan. One thing you have to know about me is that I'm a sucker for the here-and-now. Classics are great, but they aren't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment