Sunday, October 23, 2011

Upcoming News and Reviews

As of today (2:50 a.m. on October 23rd), I've finished Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning. For anyone who hasn't read the Fever series, I think it's definitely worth checking out. In all honesty, the first book was a nuclear disaster. But this definitely surprised me at how better the whole thing was.

So I'll be getting the review for that up and going soon...and I've started The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by  Michelle Hodkin. Unfortunately, my friend just reviewed Variant by Robinson Wells and gave it a 2 star rating, so that's going to be put on hold for me until I run out of things to read. I bought the hard copy so it'll come up eventually.

Anyway, after I finish up The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and the Fever series, I think I may take a trip down to the local bookstore and pick up The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. He's another kickass high-fantasy writer, and I fell in love with the first book of his Mistborn series.  

And finally, I am super excited for Tamora Pierce visiting for an author signing this Friday. I hope I'll be able to go to hers as I did with James Dashner because, if anything, Tamora Pierce is my favorite author of all time. No one will ever surpass her in my mind. She's also coming to promote her Terrier series and her new book so I'm super excited about that! YAY! 

P.S. Keep an eye out for some new articles I'm going to be pushing out (like a literary baby, I swear) in the next couple of days.

--

Follow me on:

Goodreads
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment