Monday, October 24, 2011

Book Trailer Tuesday: City of Bones

So I've decided to post a weekly book trailer that I've come across on Youtube. These book trailers don't necessarily have to be of a book I've enjoyed, but they have to be good. Also, take note that these are not the official book trailers produced by the author and the publishing companies. These are all fanmade, which means the editing shouldn't be expected to be top notch.

This week's book trailer if City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I know Clare's books have gotten a lot of heat--people either love them or hate them. Me? I lean more towards the love. But let that not distract you from the trailer. For a fanmade trailer, I thought this was pretty good. For one, the maker actually stuck with the same actors/actresses throughout the entire video. Also, the scenes just worked. As I've read City of Bones, I could easily match up the clips to the scenes in the book. What I didn't like about this trailer was the overuse of music and underuse of dialogue. When you see a movie trailer, there is always someone talking, either in a voice over or directly through clips of interacting people. However, this trailer was just full of music meshed together into one long stream, and I found that the music often times didn't fit with the scenario on screen.


As always, I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment