Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Zombiecorns

Title: Zombiecorns

Author: John Green

Rating: 4 stars

Part of a Series?: Free novella

Goodreads Summary:
 Dearest Reader, 
This is a bad zombie apocalypse novella. It was written in a hurry. It is riddled with inconsistencies. And it never quite arrives at whatever point it sought to make. But remember: The $25 you donated to charity in exchange for this steaming mess of prose will help our species shuffle along, and I hope you’ll feel warmed by your good deed as you read. Thank you for decreasing the overall worldwide level of suck, and as they say in my hometown: Don’t forget to be awesome. 

Best wishes! 
John Green 

* The book has been made available under creative commons license, so it can be acquired legally here:http://effyeahnerdfighters.com/post/2835... :)

Review:
If only this was longer! I thoroughly enjoyed Zombicorns (which isn't about Zombies and Unicorns, sadly...hence the 4 stars) and I absolutely loved John Green's style of writing. It's funny, quirky, sarcastic, and joyously self deprecating. Had Green made this a full length novel rather than a free novella, it might've even topped my list for best zombie fiction, which, granted, is a limited but quality list. 

I don't really have a full review nor can I really comment on the character development or plot pacing because Zombicorns is too short. Besides, all of that is totally irrelevant because THERE IS MAGIC CORN IN THIS BOOK! NO JOKE, MY FRIENDS! MAGIC. MIND CONTROLLING. CORN. Along with a "subtle" jabs at the government; religion; and Leeroy Jenkins, reference that made me laugh so hard my sides hurt (That was a brave move, Green. I congratulate you for outing your inner nerd). 

BUT SERIOUSLY! MAGIC. CORN.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment