Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quote Something Sunday #3

Last week's quote:



"I'm useless upriver," _________ told the Chief Healer flatly. "There's only Jon's or Myles's armor to clean,
and I can't clean it while they're wearing it. If I don’t do something, I’ll scream.” 


This quote was spoken by Alanna in Tamora Pierce's In the Hand of the Goddess. This is possibly  my favorite book out of all of Pierce's published material. I read this book for the first time in 5th grade, and I still remember my initial awe over her writing. The book is phenomenal.
Now for this week's quote...


With the last spark of life I had left, I tried to speak, tried to let Dimitri know I loved him too and that he had to protect her now. I don't think he understood, but the words of the guardian mantra were my last conscious thought. They come first.



No comments:

Post a Comment