Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm baaaack--sort of? And Terrible Thursday

Hey, you guys! I am officially on Winter Break! Woohoo, no more finals! I can now throw my hands up in jubilation, cavorting through the snow with flushed cheeks among the white Christmas trees.

And now we're back to our weekly meme day. I'd like to note, for all of you wondering, that I won't be putting up any fresh book review for a couple days at least.

My terrible book this Thursday is John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath. Don't get me started on this "American classic." I had to read this book for my English class, and I was so frustrated. The story was overly prosaic. The alternating chapters of plot and monologue narration killed the book. And I just hate, hate, hate books like that. I felt like I was in the dust bowl, living a droll farmer's life just like the Joad family.

Sorry, Steinbeck. You could put me to sleep even if I was reading you in the front row of a rock concert.

I'll be out of town for the next week starting on Saturday. But when I get back, I'll be around for a long time, so no more flaking out on you guys! Sorry about this inconsistent posting routine I've gotten into the last couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment